- Stove tops don't cool down nearly as quickly as you would like, and ziploc bags melt pretty darn quickly.
- A weekend in Fall makes me want to bake. But it's always desserts!
- Nick must cook a lot for me, 'cause it seems like forever since I've cooked dinner.
- I'm convinced it's impossible to break a bunch of spaghetti noodles and have them all land in the pan without one magically escaping your grip.
- Refried beans that have not been refrigerated all day reek. And boy, I don't exaggerate.
- Candles save the smelly day.
- Amish friendship bread is way too good for my waistline!
- We don't need a heater when we cook in the oven.
- When your microwave is on top of the fridge, you only realize it needs to be cleaned out when you open the door to find mysterious crusty-food-burning smell. Oops. Indeed, a step up on a chair revealed lots of questionable finds in said microwave.
- When you're in the mood for tuna casserole, you'd better bake it; cause who even ever likes that stuff except maybe once a year?
- Chocolate-dipped pretzels have got to be one of the tastiest treats. Plus, it's really gratifying when you can make them and justify the cause since they are Halloween-y orange. (Thanks for the orange baking chips and all the other chocolates, Mom! :D)
SO, maybe I'm not the best in the kitchen, but at least I enjoyed cooking dinner and making dessert tonight! Teaching takes the time outta my life, it seems. Thank goodness for the weekends.
I've decided to try and keep regularly updating the blog. I was touched by Elder Allan F. Packer's words at the most recent General Conference.
"Family history is more than genealogy, rules, names, dates, and places. It is more than a focus on the past. Family history also includes the present as we create our own history. It includes the future as we shape future history through our descendants. A young mother, for example, sharing her family stories and pictures with her children is doing family history work."
In addition to his words, I also was touched by Abraham's example in the words I studied in a recent scripture reading. " I shall endeavor to write some of these things upon this record, for the benefit of my posterity that shall come after me." (Abraham 1:31)
It seems I'm hitting a family history bug of sorts. Hooray! :) And here's to hoping my posterity doesn't judge me too harshly on my failings in the kitchen. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment