Jones

Jones

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Kyle at 7 Weeks

Kyle's growing big and strong! Between the 6 and 7 week marks, Kyle has:

  • had a play date with cute Hazel Crockett. Too bad we didn't get pictures before he was all tuckered out. They'll get married some day.
  • celebrated his first real holiday (besides his birthday and Columbus Day). He dressed up as the Pillsbury Doughboy for Halloween, and he was definitely the cutest guy around.
  • had another visit to the doctor. Yes, he indeed is fighting off more sickies. This time it's his left ear. Yay for his first ever ear infection! At 6 weeks and some days, Kyle was pretty young to start antibiotics, but Doc said that was one of the redest ears she's seen in a long time. Poor kid!
  • formed more noticeable tears, and what a sad week for it to happen with all the crying associated with his pain! (Yet, at the same time the tears are so cute. How do babies do this?)
  • Fought congestion AGAIN. That and an ear infection really messed up sleep around here.
  • Despite sickness (or maybe because of it), he slept quite a few nights for 6.5 hours in a row. We love that.
  • Continued getting a stronger neck and legs. Grandma even noticed when she came to help out one day.
  • Smiled at himself in the mirror! I have had him smile at me a few times, but it's been mostly accidental. But he really cheesed up an adorable grin TWICE when he looked at himself in the mirror. We can't wait to see it more often and capture a picture of that adorable grinning face!
  • Got weighed by the Welcome Baby nurse* today and is now 12lbs 8oz. He's two pounds heavier today than he was when he came. Go, Kyle!
  • Just today, finally started acting like a normal baby. By that, I mean he actually took good naps ALL. DAY. LONG. Not that he slept all day -- he of course had some awake hours in which we played and he ate and such, but he fell asleep relatively easily for naps and didn't hardly stir until it was time to eat again. That right there tells me the medicine is working and makes me extra grateful for modern medicine. (Plus, I remember taking that pink stuff when I was little and if my memory serves me correctly it actually tastes pretty good.) He was a little grouchy when he was over-tired going to bed tonight, but I just couldn't complain after such a happy day. I just love it when my baby is happy!

*As a plug, I really liked the Welcome Baby nurse coming to our home to chat with me and answer questions and offer educational materials. The health nut in me does love to see such effective health education in action! So if you're on the fence about having someone come, or you've never heard of it before and have a new baby coming, definitely look it up and have them come.

Here's our guy:
Had to capture him in this cute outfit! Looking studly.

My dream has come true. I gave birth to the Doughboy. ;-)

I could eat him!

Wowza, baby. Good job!

Ha! What a face.

See? On rare occasions, Kyle takes the scowl off his face.




Aww, so cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment